Many IT leaders have had that difficult discussion of whether outsourcing DBA support is beneficial or not. I mean, you already have plenty of capable resources for in-house DBA support, and is it really viable to bring in an external resource that is not familiar with your environment?
You’ve gone through the usual list of pros and cons to outsourcing managed database services, and you still have not come to a decision. At least that’s what we consistently find is the case with our clients. IT leaders list of the standard benefits, like 24/7 support or staffing flexibility when you can tap into outsourced DBAs. They also list of the standard possible issues, like having to spend valuable time to familiarize an external DBA with your environment.
The reason so many CIOs fall flat in clearly identifying if managed database services will be a long-term benefit for their organization is because they fail to see the deeper web of benefits that a team of expert DBAs brings to the table. We’ve gathered a list of 8 different reasons why outsourcing DBA support will be beneficial for your organization.
Take a look through all 8 reasons and discover the deeper operational benefits for your IT department and for your organization as a whole.
- Staffing ebb and flow
- Invest your team’s time and experience in strategic projects
- Improve database and app efficiency by working with specialized experts
- Gain better control of budgeting
- Get more from fewer resources
- Improve operational efficiency through Program Management systems and processes + an ITSM platform
- No more DIY support
- Remove inefficiencies, and optimize operational efficiency